Security Tutorials / Best Practices / Scam sites (Anchor Team / TFL)

Anyone else feel the Anchor team should aim to help protect users from frauds and scams using various communication methods/channels?

I understand the team are extremely busy, but perhaps they can even outsource the work of reporting scam sites, creating and rolling out official educational material such as:

1. Youtube videos / guides (how to’s, best practices on security).
  2. Twitter posts
  3. Website messages / links on Anchor Protocol site etc.

Too many people are losing money and it’s time to put an end to it using all official channels.

It’s no an issue that Anchor alone can, or should, address… there’s only one way to stop this madness, and that’s for a wallet to be created, removing all ability for self custody and only allowing whitelisted contracts to be used. That goes against the freedom crypto aims to provide, but some people seem to be unable to handle the responsibility… Things like Kash, Alice and others will/should help those that can’t (or don’t want to) have self custody to use Web3 in a safer way.

1 Like

I see what you mean, but surely they can get an intern to knock up some basic ‘official’ clips to put on an official youtube page?

A little bit of educational material (and some comms) will likely prevent 50% of all of these garbage phishing scams we’re seeing. There’s really no reason not to.

I believe there are some folks in the community who are working on educational materials that should help. Part of the huge success of the protocol is that it attracts both more bad actors and more new users to the space who may not be as familiar with security concerns. It’s awful when anyone looses anything to a scam for sure but the protocol has limited tools to combat it as others have mentioned.