[Proposal] Terralytics - Increase Borrow Demand via ANC Value Capture from Deposit Growth

And how can we know if it has or doesnt developers support?

This proposal is difficult to implement so can’t get support

2 Likes

You can join the anchor discord and they have a chat where you can inquire to them.

Well, they told me that the entity/person who made the forum proposal should be the one making the poll.

So, I think we have to wait for Terralytics to make the poll.

Yep, If anything they’re already in comms with devs and pobably were advised otherwise to poll for it.

100%, this doesn’t have the support of the major people I have talked to and doesn’t even have a consensus on the forum. The best consensus I have seen here on the forum matched with big stakeholders is a type of staking/locking aUST mechanism. It is easier to implement and cleaner from the user’s perspective as well.

1 Like

I support this opinion. It seems like the right process for developers to vote after they’ve completed their implementation.

Proposals that are difficult to implement and have not been audited are not acceptable.

2 Likes

So, will this proposal be implemented anytime soon?

Doubt majority of big players are going to go for this lousy proposal. What a cheap way to artificially increase ANC price. I’m sure whales know better than that

1 Like

The point of this proposal is to keep the earn side apr as high as possible through increasing borrow demand via a higher ANC price. This would also entail reduced volatility as well as extending the ANC emissions to borrowers past the 3 years or so left.
If you have a problem with the proposal that is fine, I think implementation specifically is a big challenge to overcome as others have noted.
But what this is not is “a cheap way to artificially increase anc price” and if that is what you have gotten from reading this then I would suggest reading it again.

3 Likes

a easy way to artificially increase anc price. I am ANC holder.

Spoken like someone who holds a nice ANC bag lol. Hustler’s gotta hustle, I get it. No disrespect.

But to claim that forcing depositors to buy ANC tokens is a good way to “keep earn side apr as high as possible” is simply disingenuous. There are far more effective ways that don’t force depositors to buy a huge amount of proprietary tokens.

First and foremost, the primary goal of this proposal is to blatantly pump ANC bags. Ponzi scheme anyone?

Of course, higher price of ANC improves the state of anchor, no doubt in that. But the upsides/downsides of this proposal are heavily disproportional in favor of downsides.

I wouldn’t mind having a time lock for higher APY and flexible for lower %. That makes sense and seems fair. Or to have aust with lower % APY that can be used in all protocols and staked higher % aust which is locked from other protocols.

1 Like

Will the aUST locking mechanism also help protect the value of ANC?

One major reason to borrow on anchor vs other protocols is you get a truly decentralised stable coin

To be honest, I don’t understand why nobody supports this proposal. Increasing the value of ANC will also increase the value of the Terra Ecosystem. I don’t see anything bad over here.

1 Like

Because this proposal simply does not fit into the existing anchor protocol.
No one wants to hold useless tokens.

The idea is to create more utility for ANC with veANC coming very very soon

2 Likes

@bitn8 before may 1? I can’t wait for specific proposal…

1 Like

Looking like probably first week of May

1 Like

been patiently waiting and very much looking forward to this!

2 Likes