[Proposal] Terralytics - Increase Borrow Demand via ANC Value Capture from Deposit Growth

Tier 0: Earn rate is split 75% UST / 25% ANC, what does this means?

Say: 10k UST deposited, does this i get the 20% yield in a form of 75% UST and 25% ANC token?
So will get about $1500 UST and $500 in a form of $ANC tokens?

YES or NO?

If Depositors have no ANCs by passing this poll the protocol will automatically make those depositors buy ANC with 25% of their yield (meaning 5% of 20% APR) nothing is being given. That will create buying pressure for ANC to incease and protect its value. This will attract more borrowers.

2 Likes

You made a comment “what if everyone sells their ANC”.

That goes for bitcoin and every other token. But in this case, they would probably deposit back into EARN.

What you fail to realize in your video is that the protocol is code and if we pass this proposal it doesn’t have to remember, think, or make time to buy ANC tokens. It will buy no matter what the price even when you are sleeping. Worst case, the more EARN total deposits grow the more BUYING pressure the protocol gives to ANC DAILY.

1 Like

This goes for old and new depositors. It doesn’t matter if depositors take the decision to purchase ANCs for the full 19.5% APR. If you deposit UST into earn without buying ANC the protocol will buy ANC for you…

2 Likes

That being said,

I Will vote YES for this proposal. Thanks for the explanation. :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s a horrible and short sighted proposal.

A lot more ANC will hit the market as depositors will rush to sell before the anc value goes down.

There should then at least be an automatic function (optional) to sell ANC and deposit UST into Anchor the instant it hits, to avoid the risk of it devaluing from time of deposit until time of sale.

Worst of all, it severely devalues the currently better than other options tax implications of Anchor. Now if one keeps aUST for over a year and then sells, it’s long term capital gains, since the value of aUST goes up vs interest being paid in kind (or other token). With anc drops now it’ll make the anchor anc gains taxable immediately and make it much more convoluted.

1 Like

Earn’s 25% $ANC comes from market buybacks without adding additional emissions.

Unless all depositors give up full deposit yields, there will be steady buying pressure.

1 Like

And we now that most of the Depositors Will keep $ANC to permanently keep earning the 19.5% as long as they can.

Automatic $ANC buybacks from Market are a great idea. That means those $ANCs (25%) won’t be supplied by holded ANCs.

There won’t be more circulating supply emitted to the Market.

2 Likes

Naw, I think most people wouldn’t mind holding 5% of their UST holdings in ANC to keep earning 19.5% APY.
I don’t see why anyone would think this is a bad idea. This proposal promotes holding ANC and to keep 19.5% APR as long as possible while driving more borrowing demand.

2 Likes

That’s a bold assumption. I think most depositors, and the service providers they use (various fiat on/off ramp apps), will mind having such complexity and risk. It’s not clean APY. It’s like saying that most depositors won’t mind if 1/4 their US treasury yield is paid in Russian roubles almost. It totally changes the nature of the product.

2 Likes

One would say that if you are trying to compare Russian roubles to ANC. Very bad comparison. Especially with this proposal. Before cryptocurrency people paid money for this service. Why do you think this is a bad idea? What don’t you understand?

So when the poll?

Or do I have to do it?

I think they are having problems with the requirement of locking aUST up for greater returns… @bitn8

1 Like

But I would take this proposal a step further and say what if you can BURN something like ANC for stable coins to earn 20% APY. Now the will most definitely drive up borrow demand. I guess it would have been better if Anchor Protocol was Luna Protocol.

Because it’s a distraction from the saUST proposal, which is the only way to save Anchor and ensure it has a (sustainable) future.

Abracadabra needs to be dealt with. Hopefully, the devs can do something fast. This proposal can fix that issue. Making a requirement to stake a portion of your UST deposit to ANC to continue to earn 19.5% apy.
So your true intention was to FUD a good idea because you think it’s a distraction to another idea that has no conflict?

1 Like

Don’t poll this, It wont pass without developer support.

1 Like

Not FUD. Just sharing my opinion.

You are right that it would disrupt abracadabra - that is a plus, but with “only” 1/4 of APY affected, it likely wouldn’t be enough to really stop it’s abuse. (Esp. 1/4 of soon lower than 19.5% APY.)

I agree with you.

all proposal need to implement.

OK.

I understand. Lets give them more time.