Call for ideas: how to increase the value of ANC?

Great contributions everyone, let me share my thoughts on some of them top to bottom:

I’m not a fan, IMO incentivizing more borrowing is the #1 priority, whereas the requirement to also stake ANC adds friction and risk to borrowing. More friction to borrowing → the protocol has less revenue → less excess yield is used to buy ANC → ANC value goes down.

However I do quite like the bonding period idea. But how would it work given that over time users can borrow more, or repay only part of the loan? How would you then calculate what rewards are ultimately due?

Regarding this:

@ryanology045 actually already mentioned this here:

It’d be great to get an update from the Anchor team on the progress here, sounds potentially interesting.

I’m not a fan of this, IMO the depositor side should be super simple and not require people to take any ANC risk.

That would be awesome, it would be great to get an update from the team. My worry is that the exchanges don’t really want to dabble with ANC because of its terrible tokenomics in y1 in particular (200%+ inflation). But I could be wrong.

Not sure if this will work, the point with- and the main trick of Anchor is that bAssets are subsidizing high depositor yields from PoS staking rewards. bBTC would dilute these yields. But I think everyone’s in favor of allowing more PoS bAssets ASAP.

I like it, a nice UX quality of life improvement. Could be facilitated with direct bAsset pools in Terraswap, or at least making sure that every bAsset can be traded to any other via UST (right now bLUNA to bETH goes via Luna, then UST - many steps).

This might also make it easier for external consumer apps to implement borrowing on top of common cryptos. Maybe even it would be an interesting feature for Stablegains (my Anchor based app) :thinking:

Would this be discounts to transaction fees? Or some other format?

This might be an opportunity for external dev teams. It would be actually really cool to have one official page that gathers “requests for products/dapps/tools”. Y Combinator has requests for startups, it would be awesome if Anchor had a list of potential ideas that could be built that would benefit the ecosystem. Ideally many of them would be the types that are eligible for an ANC grant as potential incentive. ANC governance in turn should be generous in granting funding to projects going after these opportunities.

100% agreed, marketing is really missing here, especially for the borrowing side.

Generally agreed, but IMO the first one is less awkward and worth at least exploring a bit more.