Raise bLUNA LTV to 80%

Haven’t done the math, so I am pulling these numbers out of my butt. For your Interest Rate, maybe something like a baseline 12% plus a Bonus % calculated by (Earn Deposit Amount / (Governance ANC Deposit / 2)) up to a maximum of 20%. That would require a 6.4% of the Earn pool deposit amount to be deposited in ANC tokens in the Governance pool to get the maximum of 20%.

Maybe something like that for an LTV% boost as well, but those would have to be locked down until loan balance pay down to avoid liquidation due to Governance pool withdrawals.

**`Huge Cost to use the protocol feature to it maximum!!`**

No not really a cost. You are depositing a token that has value to a pool that you can drain at any point, if needed, which, in the mean time, has it’s own APY generating more tokens.

As far as user convenience, the Governance tab already gets an APY% that could build up to the larger bonus APYs as the tokens accrue from an initial Governance ANC deposit. The user could also use their ANC token awards or delegate up to a certain % of their Earn APY or to ‘auto-buy’ ANC tokens until the max bonus % is reached.

blah blah…I’m sure that everyone here could come up with a smarter way of doing it, just throwing some ideas out to ‘add’ utility to the ANC token.

I’m voting no.

Why? I like having a larger margin of error to absorb the high LUNA volatility. This protects lenders and gives them more peace of mind.

1 Like

There’s ~2.7% coverage of the collateral on Anchor right now. The way Anchor liquidations are setup now, that just isn’t enough in the event of an extreme flash crash. We can safely assume people who are serious about the liquidation business will not use Kujira. When a suitable replacement gains traction, we will see collateral coverage significantly increase.

1 Like

Lighthouse is launched in beta they announced it in these forums already. That along with some other people who have posted their open source solutions so your cherry picking.

1 Like

Looks dangerous. Delay the problem would cause much bigger problem.

LTV @ 80% is a great incentive for me to move back to borrowing on Anchor. But it won’t matter if there’s another problem with price feeds that will result in erroneous liquidations. It’s normal to feel pissed when one gets liquidated fairly. But when it’s a fault in the protocol, then one feels scammed. Has this problem being resolved PERMANENTLY???
Because if it’s not resolved permanently, then it won’t matter how high LTV is raised Imo.
Ensuring that there’s correct price feed is more important than any LTV level imo.

In order for a situation to be useful for both parties (win-win), both participants must be satisfied with the deal. Is not it like that?

If I understand correctly, the proposal is to increase the number of USTs the borrower can borrow. The risks will only increase. Anchor should seek to reduce the risks of reducing the UST peg to the dollar at all costs. This is the main objective. If this proposal increases risk by issuing more USTs with less collateral, I am against it. We need to add other types of collateral first.

1 Like

How will bETH LTV work if the 80% LTV is only for bLUNA? Will it be split somehow?

Looks like the proposal has Passed!

Congratulations on everyone for voting this in! Huge milestone for Anchor to be able to support this proposal. Once V2 is launched it’ll be time to break out the champagne.

2 Likes

Amazing! Thank you to the anchor team and really excited the community quickly rallied around this one. I think we will see borrowing tick up :slight_smile:

1 Like

we need more borrowing volume that correct
we need more colleteral that correct
the high value collateral we have the better

This what i came for
This is so exciting

2 Likes

Is there a timeframe (days, weeks?) for this new LTV % to get inplemented?

2 Likes

I saw this tweet today, if true it means 80% LTV will go in effect monday. Any thoughts @bitn8 ?

image|390x500

2 Likes

that’s correct; you take the poll’s end block and add the timelock to get the earliest block to execute a poll’s messages.

3 Likes

Cool, can’t wait :grimacing: thanks!!!

2 Likes

So after it’s effect, people can borrow upto 80% of their collateral? Or?

1 Like

Poll 15 will be executed today, Monday, Feb 7th. A few changes to note:

1. LTV language has changed to “Borrow Usage” to show the loan ratio

1. The Anchor webapp 50% borrow limit has been increased to 75%. Keeping it 5% below the 80% Borrow Usage limit helps users from instantly getting liquidated.
  2. bETH 60% LTV was unchanged by this poll. “Borrow Usage” will be a weighted average if using both bETH and bLUNA as collateral

Please be careful with your new Borrow Usage!

5 Likes

I think this change from actual LTV to “Borrow Usage” is confusing so far, but maybe I just need to try it out some more better understand it.

More importantly I notice that the UI of the Borrow screen no longer shows the real-time update of your liquidation price as you move the slider to select your new Borrow amount – this is a big loss, why was that removed? I don’t believe that was in scope to remove that important indicator from the UI.

3 Likes

I actually like the UI change but yeah a real time liquidation price indicator when opening a position would be nice too.

To understand the new bar it works like on other platforms. Think of it like your line of credit given by a bank then it all makes sense.

Also cheers for the new change! Enjoy your extra liquidity everybody!