[Proposal] Polychain Capital & Arca Anchor Tokenomics Governance Proposal

Thanks for the proposal

I am definitely in favour of Earn depositors having skin in the game when it comes to supporting the price and utility of the ANC token.

However, this proposal takes it to the extreme in terms of cost, complexity and exposes users to lock ups and price volatility to get a boosted yield. How much buy side pressure on the ANC token is actually needed? Even at current price we’re already paying borrowers 5%.

Some things to consider:

The average end user will not want to buy, hold or manage a volatile price token. They will not want a lock up and they will likely have no interest in governance. While I am sure many users will reluctantly comply, I believe these requirements are excessive and will disproportionately benefit early ANC buyers / holders via price appreciation.

My suggestion would be a small % based fee (deposit/withdrawal) structure for boosted yields. Such fees can be used to buy ANC tokens on the open market and redirect them back into the protocol into a sustainability fund where they can actually be useful.

These ANC tokens can support borrowing subsidy in downturns and long after emissions end. They can even be used to form part of a technical compensation fund. All of this can be decided upon via governance.

2 Likes