Fixing the Anchor Rate

I’ve actually applied these types of strategies to great success using anchor + other protocols.

There’s plenty of Olympus style daos that are not totally dead yet and are hungry for leverage. I think it makes more sense to arrange agreements with them to facilitate their use of anchor on the borrow side. 20% for these guys just doesn’t cut it.

Temple DAO ohm, lobis, etc, all would be interesting in gaining leverage from Anchor, an even easier option is to start listing revenue tokens like gohm as collateral and convince / buy up enough of the protocol to vote in, for them to issue (mint) their token under pol, deposit on anchor and utilize the leverage for additional gains (under pol mechanism).

A great opportunity on Terra itself is spectrum, nexus, apollo, anything that is yield farming we can look to see what’s the cheapest one to buy up controlling share, issue a community spend for anchor to acquire controlling stake, then on anchor side enable depositing of their yield bearing token to provide leverage/line of credit for the protocol.

This really takes out most of the work we would have to do for defi strategies.

On making the strategies accessible on anchor I feel like it’s a lot of extra work for what’s already floating out there. Nexus right now is looking very appealing since it’s vaults are directly tied to anchor borrow demand and are already doing all of the hedging your talking about.

TL;dr simplified:

Let’s just whitelist gohm it’ll do exactly what your looking for.

Edit: ACTUALLY can anchor do this?:

1. Whitelist gohm as collateral
  2. When depositing gohm as collateral anchor gains the voting rights of gohm
  3. Once Anchor can risk free pass any proposal on OLympus it does so for them to deposit their ybt to acquire leverage from anchor to use in whatever yield strategy they do.
  4. Loop continues and degen borrow ponzi ensues to compete with all the loose cannons pointed at anchor earn. The more degen on earn the more degen on protocol owned liquidity.